'If you drive in Dhaka, you have to brake'

 Pace bowling all-rounder: This species of cricket has been found in Bangladesh for some time now. Mohammad Saifuddin will fill that gap, as once expected. However, his injury has come back again and again. There is nothing to do but accept the injury, such a melody was heard in the voice of this pace bowling all-rounder today.




Saifuddin was last dropped from the T20 World Cup in October last year due to a back injury. Then he returned to the field with the last Dhaka Premier League. He has also been called up for the limited overs series of the West Indies tour. Before the members of the Test team leave, the cricketers in the limited overs team will leave later. They are currently playing at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.


Even though he made his international debut in 2016, Saifuddin has played 56 matches so far. At this time Bangladesh played 130 matches in limited overs. As a result, Saifuddin did not play more than half of the matches. Injuries also have a big impact behind this.


However, as a pace bowler, there is no relief from injury, Saifuddin reminded. Speaking to reporters in Mirpur today, he described his career so far as follows: 'Every human being has a break in his life. If you drive in Dhaka, you will not be able to drive at the same speed. I have to take a break. Those who are very lucky, they can play many days without injury. (However) most pace bowlers have such (injuries). I don't know how many days I will be able to play again. There is the matter of performance and injury. I am trying, no one knows what will happen. '


The BCB sent him to England for treatment before the last Premier League. Saifuddin says how the England trip helped, 'I was a little "confused" for so long about whether there was something inside me. Went to England under the BCB, to get a scan. So the scan shows that nothing happened to me. So now I am bowling with some confidence.


Saifuddin himself cannot say for sure how long he will be able to play without injury. But looking ahead, 'maybe I'm a little more miserable than the other five pace bowlers. But it is part of life. We have to accept it. I don't know how long I can stay healthy. Trying to play as long as I can - the World Cup is ahead. There is 2023 World Cup, so it is very important for me to stay healthy along with performance.


When Saifuddin last played for the national team, the coaching staff also changed. He has yet to work with new pace bowling coach Alan Donald. The first Test against Sri Lanka was played in Chittagong, where I went to practice. There was some hi-hello talk. It was said that if I am in the West Indies series, I am looking forward to working with him.


This time the experience of touring West Indies is going to be the first for Saifuddin. However, the owner of 2105 runs and 72 wickets in international cricket said that he has done his homework properly. Maybe I don't know that condition or wicket. Even then, since the age of YouTube, looking at the highlights of different matches, how many scores can actually be. Since we have T20 before us, as a result I am watching the T20 matches they have played. As far as ideas can be taken by watching the matches.


Skill practice has not yet begun ahead of the West Indies tour. Jim, you're in rehab. The last competitive match in the Premier League was played at the end of last April, but it was 50 overs. As a result, he has not played in the T20 edition since the World Cup. He has gone to Rajshahi to play a match. Saifuddin, however, will go to the West Indies with an open mind, he said, 'there is no such challenge. I will try to do better if I get the chance. Didn't set any goals. If 10 runs is important for the victory of the team, it is also important for me. If the wicket is useful for the team, it is important for me.


The three-match T20 series will start on July 2. The three-match ODI series will start on July 10.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.